Syed Ansar Zaidi Writes to PTCL Pensioners:
We, Retired Employees are grateful to Mr. Bargees Tahir Chairman NA Standing Committee for IT & Information Technology for taking interest in resolving genuine grievances and inquired the concerned Ministry for the victimization issue of PTCL Pensioners this has read Daily News in Islamabad (APP) March,15,2011. The information conveyed to the Honorable Committee are false, fabricated, concocted with malafide intention and to misrepresent or conceal the actual fact. I would therefore put forward few points to bring facts before the committee so that matter could be resolved in accordance with the law.
1. Under what entitlement employees of T&T/PTC retired before January,1996 were considered as Government Servant and under what criteria Employees retired after 1st January,1996 have been considered out of domain of retired servant of T&T/PTC whereas both were the appointees of Telegraph and Telephone Department.
2. Transferred Employees who retired after 1st January,1996 from PTCL are out of the domain of retried servant of T&T/PTC, why Pension and Pensionary benefits were paid to them from Government Funding?
3. Whether employees transferred from T&T/PTC and then PTCL on 1stJanuary,1996 were given any new Employment Contract by the Management of PTCL if so what was the terms and Condition of their service? Why transferred employees remain under employment of a Limited Company in Government Pay Scale till their retirement.
4. In the Years 2011 PTET allowed 20% and 8% increase in Pension without Medical Allowance and allowed 75% Family Pension upto December,1995 instead of upto December,2000 arbitrarily in contravention of the Federal Government order thus created discrimination by establishing categories of retried Employees of PTCL,? Does the law permit PTET for such division of Pensioners and arbitrarily fixation of increase in pension?
5. Have PTCL contributed Pension share of retired PTCL employees and amount transferred to PTET as per their entitlement? What about PTCL Non-Current Liabilities shown under PTCL Statement of Financial Position as at June,30,2010 under Employees retirement benefits as Rs.15,512,803 thousands refer page No.38 and Note 9 at Page 52 of PTCL Annual Report 2010?
Thanks a lot for supporting Senior Citizen and financially weak segment of the Society.
S. Ansar Hussain Zaidi
EX-SRO B-18 (PTCL)