Helpless PTCL pensioners – Letter to Daily Business Recorder ‘Voice of The People’

Helpless PTCL pensioners
Rasheed Ahmad

Thursday, January 10, 2013 – Pakistan Telegraphs and Telephone Department retired employees are going through an abnormal rather painful state as the current government has denied increases in pension and Medical Allowance as announced by Govt. of Pakistan in its annual budgets for last THREE years.The only excuse by the Governmental institutions including Ministry of Information Technology and Telecom is that the PTCL has been privatised now and now you all are at the disposal of ETISALAT.

This is worth mentioning that these pensioners had regularly been paid all increases announced by Govt. of Pakistan till 2009-2010,whereas the PTCL was privatised in 2006.Moreover ETISALAT has purchased only 26% shares of PTCL while the rest 74% shares are of Govt. of Pakistan.PTET (Pakistan Telecommunication Employees Trust) an entity of Ministry of IT& Telecom.,regularly paid govt. announced increases for 14-consecutive years since its formation.National Assembly Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecom. has also recommended that these pensioners be allowed all the increases with arrears as remained in vogue for 14-years of PTET establishment.The current PPP govt. failed to implement its own orders as well as the recommendations of the National Assembly Standing Committee.As the election season is on,PPP must consider seriously to implement its orders to gain the public support of these 40,000 old,sick and helpless community of the country which also include some 12,000 widows and orphans throughout the country.

Sialkot

3 Comments


  1. This is for inf0rmation to all ptcl pensioners that Line man (Rtd) named Ali Mohammad Expired at ptcl dispensary today morning as on 02.02 2013 while he was waiting for his treatement in serious condition. This is the policy of the company to kill the pensioners without medical treatment and without financial benefits. This is the time of thinking for all concerned. God Help us. KHALID PARVAIZ

    REPLY
    M.Q.SIDDIQUI – KARACHI
    FEBRUARY 3, 2013 AT 12:27 PM
    1 0 Rate This

    My dear Khalid Parvaiz really this news is shocked to me & will be shocked for all humanitarian like minded people of all categories.
    pray to almighty ALLAH rest his soul eternal peace. Aameen
    Alwo pray to almighty ALLAH lessonable punished to the PTCL(ETISALAT) and all concerned.

    ONLY HOPE OF THE PAKISTAN CJP MAY TAKE SUO MOTU against ETISALAT(PTCL) and all concerned involved in this negligence
    & entire matters of PTCL(ETISALAT) PENSIONERS.

  2. MUHAMMAD AMAN ULLAH says:

    I agreed also with Mr. Siddiqui.
    Inshah – allah we will get soon our rights.


  3. PTCL(ETISALAT) NOW ORIGINALLY ONE OF THE STATE-OWNED CORPORATIONS (SOES), THE SHARE HOLDING OF THE PTCL HAS BEEN REDUCED TO ~62%, WHEN 26% OF SHARES AND CONTROL WAS SOLD TO ETISALAT TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND THE REMAINING 12% TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN 2006 UNDER AN INTENSIFIED PRIVATIZATION PROGRAMME OF PRIME MINISTER SHAUKAT AZIZ. HOWEVER, THE 62% SHARES ARE STILL REMAINS UNDER THE MANAGEMENT OF GOVERNMENT-OWNERSHIP OF STATE-OWNED CORPORATIONS (SOES) OF PAKISTAN.

    ALL PTCL EMPLOYEES & PENSIONERS THANKS CHAIRMAN & MEMBERS OF NA STANDING COMMITTEE IT&T FOR THEIR DEMOCRATIC ROLE KEEP VIGILANCE UNFAIR & UNLAWFUL PRACTICE IN THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN BY ETISALAT(PTCL)RUINS THE RIGHTS OF EMPLOYEES & INJUSTICE HELD INCREASES FUNDS FOR PTCL(ETISALAT)PENSIONER 2010, 2011 & 2012-13

    ETISALAT(PTCL)BACK OUT FROM BID. ALREADY DEFAULTER IN PAYMENT OF INSTALMENT OF BID AMOUNT. ALL CONCERN DEMOCRATIC & JUDICIARY INSTITUTION MAY TAKE DRASTIC ACTION AGAINST ETISALAT, FORFEITED DEPOSITED AMOUNT BY ETISALT TILL DATE & FOR FURTHER ACTION BEING DEFAULTER. SO CALLED PRIVATIZATION PTCL TAKE OVER CHARGE BY GOVT. OF PAKISTAN WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY.

Leave a Reply