Ministry of Information Technology Letter to President PTCL & Chairman PTET for Implementation of Ministry of Law and Justice Opinion/Advice Regarding PTCL Employees and Pensioners
(Text of Letter)
Government of Pakistan
Ministry of Information Technology
(IT & Telecom Division)
No. 7-3/2011 -Coord Islamabad dated 5th April, 2013.
1, The President/CEO,
PTCL, Headquarters, G-8/4, Islamabad
2. Chairman, PTET,
Subject:- Implementation of Opinion/Advice obtained from Ministry of Law Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Govt, of Pakistan regarding PTCL Employees/Pensioners
The undersigned is directed to enclose herewith the legal opinions/comments obtained from Secretary, Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs vide their letter No. F.170/2013-Law-I dated LI* March, 2013 on the matter relating to the transferred/pensioners employees of PTCL.
2. It is stated that time to time increase in pension of Federal Govt, employees shall also be applicable in case of “transferred employees” of the PTCL as their terms and conditions have been guaranteed by the Federal Government under the law in force.
3. As you are well aware that the service matters on terms and conditions of transferred employees were under process since long and various complaints were also made by the previous government “transferred employees” of PTCL to the different courts of Law as well as to this Ministry.
It is further included that the parliamentarians have also given instructions not to frame any rule which is against the benefits of the “transferred employees” of PTCL, therefore, it is requested that all issues of “transferred employees” may be settled in the light of early issued opinion/advice and also amend the PTET (Pension) Fund Rules, 2012, which is adversely affected the rights, terms and conditions guaranteed by the Federal Government.
4. The subject matter/case is referred for implementation and necessary action.
Section Officer (Coord) Tel: 9209950 Copy forwarded for information to:
• The Registrar, Supreme Court of Pakistan, Islamabad
• The Registrar, Islamabad High Court, Islamabad
• The Registrar, Lahore High Court, Lahore
• The Registrar, Lahore High Court, Rawalpindi Bench.
• The Registrar, Sindh High Court, Karachi
• The Registrar, Peshawar High Court, Peshawar
• The Registrar, Balochistan High Court, Quettta
• PSO to Secretary, Establishment. Division Islamabad
• PSO to Secretary M/o Finance, Islamabad
• PSO to Secretary M/o Privatization, Islamabad
• PSO to Secretary, IT & Telecom, Islamabad.
• The MD, PTET Trust, Islamabad