MOU signed by PTEU CBA (Zia Group) today on 24-09-2010 with PTCL Management:
This Memorandum of Understanding (hereinafter referred to as “MOU”) is entered into on September 24, 2010 by the authorized management representatives of Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited; hereinafter referred to as “Management” and Pakistan Telecommunication Employees Union (CBA); hereinafter referred to as “Employee representatives” which are signatories to this MOU.
SCOPE AND SUBJECT OF MOU
To mutually agree for the enhancement in employees salaries and other benefits, and to extend full support to competitive and performance based work environment throughout PTCL, The parties agree to the terms and conditions of this MOU.
Management and the Employee Representatives acknowledge that this MOU constitutes the full and entire understanding of the parties regarding the issues of increase in employee salaries and review of the other employee benefits for the consideration of adjustment options. The parties mutually understand that any prior or existing understandings or agreements by the parties, whether formal or informal, are hereby modified or superseded.
1. Employee’s representative very strongly condemns the incidents of unlawful, unethical behavior and criminal and malicious acts of certain elements causing irreparable damage to the company. Union assured the management that they will not indulge in any subversive activities in future
and will help the management to develop the business and to increase the profitability of the company. Employee’s representatives further assured the management of supporting competitive and performance based work environment.
2. Management will devise a comprehensive plan for the proper utilization of redundant cadre employees and ensure that all employees must perform their duties.
3. has been agreed to grant the Adhoc Allowance equivalent to 50% of Running Basic Payout of which 30% of Running Basic pay has already been paid to the employees with effect from July 01, 2010 and 20% of Running Basic Pay will be issued to the employees based on their performance of the year ending December 2010 related to the parameters of Punctuality,
conduct, and Discharge of Basic Duties. This increase will also be given with retrospective effect from 1st July 2010.
4. Employees will be considered for the performance of Hajj on the basis of their work performance and achievement of Business targets. Managers/BMs and AMs will also be included In this scheme.
5. Regular channel of promotion will be restored immediately; modalities will be communicated shortly in consultation with CBA.
6. Employees having completed 12 years or more service in the same scale as on December 3l, 2010 will be placed in next higher scale as per channel of promotion, on the criteria practiced in the past for such placements.
7. Management will support the flood affected employees in their rehabilitation process by granting loans and different other welfare schemes. A committee which will include one member from CBA, will analyze the cases and formulate its recommendations.
8. Anomaly cases will be decided on priority as per rules.
By signing this MOU, Employee Representatives agree that their disputes stand resolved and no further queries in this regards will be raised.
For & On Behalf of PTCL
Muhammad Bilal EVP HR
Khalid Pervaiz Raja GM HRA
For & On Behalf of PTEU CBA
Lala Muhammad Hanif
Zulfiqar Ali Sangi
Waseem Minhas Muhammad Iqbal
Babar Nawaz Aurangzeb