PTCL CBA Union Submitted the Charter of Demand on October 11, 2012
PTCL H/Qrs G-8/4
Subject: CHARTER OF DEMAND.
We are pleased to note that you have recognized us as Collective Bargaining Agent (CBA) vide
PTCL H/Q Islamabad’s e-mail dated 18.09.2012 In accordance with the NIRC decision.
On behalf of all employees, We, Pakistan Telecom Employees Union (CBA), are enclosing
herewith “Charter of Demand” in term of Sections 33, 34 & 35, of Industrial Relations Act (IRA) 2012, for negotiations and “Settlement” for the welfare and well-being of PTCL workers.
We hope that the negotiations will take place within the stipulated time as envisaged in IRA 2012.
(Zulfiqar Ali Sangi) (Ziauddin) (Lala Muhammad Hanif)
Chairman President Secretary General
1. The President PTCL, PTCL Headquarters,Islamabad.
2. Federal Secretary for IT&T, Govt.of Pakistan, Islamabad.
3. The FederalSecretaryfor HRD,Govt.of Pakistan,Islamabad.
4 The Chairman, NIRC, Islamabad.
5. The Registrar Trade Unions, NIRC,Islamabad.
Charter Of Demand
1. A few workers were terminated, dismissed and removed from service as a result of previous strikes. Moreover, some of the workers were deprived of increments and other financial incentives such as deductions of salary and enhancement in salary on appraisal basis. All such orders should be withdrawn with all benefits retrospectively.
2. Latest revised Govt Pay Scale 2011, should be given to PTCL employees, including all increases, financial benefits such as (medical allowance, conveyance allowance, house requisition, hill allowance, traveling allowance, daily allowance, Special Agency Allowance, UN-attracted Area allowance, Instruction allowance etc.), with arrears wef 01.07.2011. Pension should be given to employees as per Govt of Pakistan pension rules.
3. Section 35 & 36 of Pak Telecom (Re-Organization) Act, 1996, should be honoured in its totality keeping in view the verdict of Hon’able Supreme Court of Pakistan dated 11.08.2011, and other lawful Settlements dated 14.6.2005, 28.10.2005 & 12.04.2006.
4. Employee’s data should be provide~ to Privatization Commission, Govt. of Pakistan, for disbursement of 12% shares under Benazir Employees Stock Option Scheme (BESOS).
5. The employees should be promoted as per Regular Channel of Promotion with retrospective effect with all financial benefits.
6. 12 years placement policy should be restored and period of 12 years service should be lowered to 6 years in same scale instead of cadre.
7. NCPG employees be regularized and given BPS instead of NCPG.
8. Daily Wage employees be regularized and given BPS.
9. Incentive Pay should be enhanced from 30% to 100%.
10. Employees’ son/daughter quota in recruitment should be restored.
11. In case of accidental death during duty/service, Rs.2,500,000 should be paid to bereaved family as compensation and son/daughter/dependant of deceased employee be given employment. It should be restored w.ef. 01.07.2005. The widow or sons/daughters should be given full salaries including increments, promotions etc till the deceased attain superannuation age of retirement.
12. Surplus & Redundant Pools should be abolished. Disciplinary action should not be taken without cogent / valid grounds.
13.The Medical Policy should be reviewed. Health facilities should be improved. Annual limit of patient should be enhanced from 450,000 to 2,000,000. In panel hospital room facility to inpatient be provided to every employees and their dependents from BPS-1 to BP-15.
14. Male and female doctors should be hired without discrimination and where there are 50 or more employees, dispensaries should be set-up equipped with necessary medicines, medical instruments and ambulances.
15. BPS-1 to 15 employees should not be transferred from one region or city to another without their consent.
16. Marriage Grant should be enhanced from 50,000/= to 200,000/= and it should be given even after retirement.
17. Education grant for students attending school and colleges should be enhanced from 800 to 8000 and from 1600 to 16000 respectively.
18. Muslim son every Eid and non-Muslims on the occasions of their festivals be given bonus minimum Rs.20, 000/- each without discrimination.
19.Uniform Allowance should be enhanced upto 100%.
20. Free Service Telephone with Internet should be provided to all PTCL employees.
21. All field employees should be facilitated with Motor Cycles without discrimination.
22. Admissible full amount of Q-Loan should be given to employees at least in three installments. CBA Quota should be enhanced from 10 to 50%.
23. Post of Conservancy Inspector should be upgraded as Conservancy Supervisor (BPS-ll) and all such posts where no channel of promotion is available be up-graded up to Four (04) stages
24. Wireman should be promoted from BPS 3 to BPS-8 as Technician instead of lineman.
25. Hajj Policy should be reviewed and all employees without any discrimination be included in Hajj draw. Hajj quota be enhanced from 40 to 100 employees. List of successful employees of Hajj draw should be circulated in all Regions and draw date should be communicated to all. In draw process, presence of representatives of workers should be ensured.
26. Linemen and BB(Tech) should be provided 50 liter petrol on monthly basis.
27. Extra work load on linemen should be eliminated as per staff standard (in urban area 200 telephone lines and in rural area 50 telephone lines).
28. All employees should be given overtime as per GOP laws.
29. Repair and Maintenance of residential quarters/apartments should be carried out and it will be appreciated if the ownership is transferred in the name of allottee on monthly installments.
30. Bonus should be announced as per “Law of Profit Bonus” / Standing order 1968 (10-C), with retrospective effect from 2006.
31. Funeral charges should be enhanced at par with price hiking. Every deceased employees should be granted Rs.100,000/= and in case of death of any dependent Rs.80,000/=.
32. All employees who possess Master degree in any faculty should be given BPS-17and those who have already exempted on the basis of MBA (Finance) should also be given BPS-17.
33. Duty hours be fixed according labour laws and weekly holiday should be mandatory for all employees.
34. CSR is getting outdoor allowance Rs.25/= per month. The rate should be enhanced as per market rate up to Rs.2000/=
35. Cable Jointers are getting 1000/= per month for cable jointing. Their work is very tough and they have to face very harsh conditions. This should be enhanced up to Rs.6000/=
36. Employees who were diploma holders at the time of initial recruitment but could not be appointed as Engineering Supervisors due to non-availability of vacancies should be promoted as E.S.
37. Certain administrative posts such as Steno typist, Stenographer, JAC, SAC,should be upgraded as per Govt. notification. All outstanding issues arisen after up-gradation of certain clerical posts LDC, UDC,Assistant) should be resolved as per laid down rules. Those willing workers in ministerial sector who possess technical/financial expertise / knowledge should be converted to technical/financial sector.
38. Those who qualified NTS examination for BPS-17should be promoted accordingly.
39. All polices issued by the management without consulting CBA(worker representatives)
should be reviewed and made workers friendly,such as Transfer, Posting, Leave & Medical Policy etc.
40. NILAT training should be restored.
41. In case of accidental death of any employee one day salary may be deducted from willing employees and paid to bereaved family members as compensation on behalf of employees.
42. Any other’ demand which is. escaped in above points should be included during negotiation / meeting and be termed as essential point of Charter of Demand.