PTCL VSS Scheme 2012 – PTCL forms Surplus Pool for its redundant and surplus employees
Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd PTCL Headquarters, Sector G-8/4, Islamabad
www. ptcl.com. pk
No. EVP-HRO/SP-Comm/2012 Dated: August 28, 2012
Subject: Formation of Surplus Pool
After the acceptance of VSS by a large number of employees, it is essential to make the adjustments from within the available Human Resources, because at some other places we may have surplus staff. In addition the staff which is not contributing to their potential not only get the salaries but a sizeable amount is spent on their overheads.
In order to overcome these problems, it has been decided to constitute a “Surplus Pool” in all regions. The staff whose productivity will not be up to the mark shall be placed in the “Surplus Pool”, and will be subject to the following:
1. Staff on the Surplus Pool will be treated as on waiting
2. They will not be required to come to the office.
3. They will get their salaries however conveyance allowance will not be paid.
4. In future, any performance allowance/increase will not be allowed to them.
5. They will not be allowed to do any other full or part time Private or Government Job.
6. They will not be allowed to do any business without formal permission of this headquarters
7. As soon as any vacancy will be available anywhere in Pakistan requiring the skill set matched with any person in Surplus Pool, he/she will be transferred irrespective of the region/city.
All regions are directed to evaluate the utilization of redundant and surplus employees and prepare the list of employees who will be placed in the “Surplus Pool” in the first phase. First placement of staff in Surplus Pool must be recommended to head office within one week.
Farooq H. Malik