Punjab notification revision basic pay scales 2015 and allowances
NO.FD.PC.2-1/2015 GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB. FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Dated Lahore, the 22’4 July, 2015
1. All Administrative Secretaries to Government of the Punjab. 2. The Principal Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore. 3. The Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Punjab, Lahore. 4. The Military Secretary to Govemor, Punjab, Lahore. 5. The Secretary, Punjab Provincial Assembly, Lahore. 6 The Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Lahore. 7. All Heads of Attached Departments in the Punjab. 8. All Commissioners in the Punjab. 9. All District Coordination Officers in the Punjab. 10. All District & Sessions Judges in the Punjab. 11. The Chief Pilot, VIP Flight, Lahore. 12. The Registrar, Lahore High Court, Lahore. 13. The Provincial Director, Local Fund Audit, Punjab, Lahore.
Subject: REVISION OF BASIC PAY SCALES & ALLOWANCES OF CIVIL SERVANTS OF THE PUNJAB GOVERNMENT (2015)
I am directed to state that the Governor of the Punjab has been pleased to sanction- Revision of Basic Pay Scales & Allowances with effect from 14 July, 2015 for the Civil Servants of the Punjab Government as detailed in the succeeding paragraphs: PART-I(PAYI 2. Revision of Basic Pay Scales: The Basic Pay Scales — 2015 shall replace the Basic Pay Scales — 2011 with effect from 01.07.2015 as contained in the Annexure to this Notification. 3. Fixation of Pay of the Existing Employees: i) The basic pay of an employee who was in service on 30.06.2015 shall be fixed in the Basic Pay Scales — 2015 on point to point basis, i.e., at the stage corresponding to that occupied by him/her above the minimum of Basic Pay Scales — 2011. ii) In case of Personal Pay being drawn by an employee as part of his/her basic pay beyond the maximum of his/her pay scale on 30.06.2015, he/she shall continue to draw such pay in the Basic Pay Scales — 2015 at the revised rates.
4. Fixation of Pay on Promotion: In cases of promotion from a lower to higher posts/scale before introduction of these scales. the pay of the employees concerned in the revised pay scale may be fixed and so enhanced that it would not be less than the pay than would have been admissible to him if his promotion to the higher post/scale had taken place after the introduction of these scales.
5. Annual Increment:
Annual increment shall continue to be admissible, subject to the existing conditions, on iSt of December each year. However, the first annual increment of existing employees in Basic Pay Scales – 2015, in which their pay is fixed as on 01.07.2015 shall accrue on the 13tof December, 2015. PART-II (ALLOWANCES? 3. Ad-hoc Relief Allowances:
The following Ad-hoc Relief Allowances granted w.e.f. 01.07.2011 and 31.07.2012 shall cease to exist with effect from 01.07.2015:
Sr. No. Name of Ad-hoc Relief Allowance Notification No. & Date Admissible Rates 😉 Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2011 /01.07.2011) FD.PC.2-1/2011 dated 11.07.2011 15% of the basic pay on BPS-2008 1) . Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2012 1 (01.07.2012) FD.PC.2-2/2012 dated 18.07.2012 20% of the basic pay on BPS — 2011
7 Ad-hoc Allowance — 2010 (if admissible). 2013 & 2014:
i) The Ad-hoc Allowance — 2010 @ 50% of the basic pay of Basic Pay Scales —2008 (where admissible to the civil employees) shall continue to stand frozen at the level of its admissibility/drawn as on 30.06.2015. ii) All the new entrants shall be allowed Ad-hoc Allowance — 2010 @ 50% of the minimum of relevant Basic Pay Scales — 2008 (if admissible in that organization) on notional basis with effect from 01.07.2015, till further orders, and shall stand frozen at the same level.
8. Ad-hoc Relief Allowance — 2015: i) An Ad-hoc Relief Allowance — 2015 @ 7.5% of the running basic pay of BPS —2015 to the civil servants of the Punjab Government including contract employees employed against civil posts in Basic Pay Scales on standard terms and conditions of contract appointment shall be allowed with effect from 01.07.2015 till futher orders. This Allowance will not be admissible to contract employees appointed on fixed pay package. ii) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be subject to Income Tax. iii) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during leave and entire period of LPR. iv) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will not be treated as part.of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of Pension/Gratuity and recovery of House Rent. The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting/deputation abroad. vi) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which woulc have been admissible to them had they not been posted abroad. vii) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during the period of suspension.
viii) The term “Basic Pay” for the purpose of Ad-hoc Relief Allowance, — 2015 will also include the amount of the personal pay granted on account of annual increment(s) beyond the maximum of the existing pay scales.
9 Medical Allowance: i) The President has further been pleased to sanction 25% increase in the amount of Medical Allowance to the civil employees in the following manner:
BPS Existing Rate
1 to 15 Rs.1,200/-
16 to 22
Increase in the amount of Medical Allowance @ 25% of the existing amount, being admissible/drawn on , 30.06.2015
ii) All the new entrants in BS-16 to BS-22 shall be allowed Medical Allowance @ 15% of the minimum of relevant Basic Pay Scales — 2008 on notional basis plus 25% of the amount of Medical Allowance, so calculated. w.e.f. 01.07.2015, till further orders, and shall stand frozen at the same level; iii) The Medical Allowance, in no case, should be less than Rs.1,500/- per month. .10. Special Pays and Allowances: All the Special Pays, Special Allowances or the Allowances admissible as percentage of pay (excluding those Which are capped by fixing maximum limit) including House Rent Allowance and the Allowances/Special Allowances equal to initial or basic pay granted to any employee of Punjab Government including Punjab Police, Border Military Police. D.G. Khan & Rajanpur, Baluch Levy D.G. Khan, Prisons, Directorate of Reclamation & Probation, Judiciary, MPDD, teaching/non-teaching staff of teaching institutes including employees of Directorate of Special Education and employees of other Departments shall stand frozen at the level of its admissibility as on 30.06.2015.
11. Orderly Allowance for BPS-20 to BPS-22: The rates of Orderly Allowance, admissible to officers in BS-20 to BS-22 working in Secretariat DepartMents, shall be revised as follows:
Existing Rate Revised Rate Rs.7,000/- p.m. Rs.12.000/- p.m.
(Note: Subject to furnishing a certificate that the officer is not using the services of any official employees at his residence.) 12. Option: i) All the existing Civil Servants (BS-1 to 22) of the Punjab Government shall, within 30 days from the date of issue of this notification, exercise an option in writing and communicate it to the Account General Punjab/District Accounts Office/DDO concerned, as the case may be, either to continue to draw salary in the Basic Pay Scales- 2011 or in the Basic Pay Scales — 2015 as specified in thknntification. Option once exercised shall be considered final.
An existing employee, as aforesaid, who does not exercise and communicate such an option within the specified time limit, shall be deemed to have opted for the Basic Pay Scales — 2015.
13. All the existing rules/orders on the subject shall be considered to have been modified to the extent indicated above. All the existing rules/orders not so modified shall continue to be in force under this scheme. 14. Anomalies: An Anomaly-Committee shall be set up in the Finance Department (Regulations Wing) to resolve the anomalies, if any, arising in the implementation of the Basic Pay Scales —2015.
romcv (TARIQ UHT D MIRZA) SETARY (PC)
NO. & DATE EVEN: A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to: 1. The Accountant General Punjab, Lahore. 2. All the District Accounts Officers in the Punjab. 3. The Treasury Officer, Lahore. 4. The Director General Audit, Lahore. 5. The Director General Works (Accounts), Lahore. 6. The Director General Works (Audit), Lahore. 7. The Director General Audit (District Governments), Punjab, Lahore.
/S4 (SHAK ~SHEIKH) SECTION OFFICER (PC)
NO. & DATE EVEN: A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to: 1. The Finance Secretary, Govemment of Pakistan, Islamabad. 2. The Finance Secretary, Government of Sindh, Karachi. 3. The Finance Secretary, Government of KPK, Peshawar. 4. The Finance Secretary, Government of Baluchistan, Quetta. 5. The Finance Secretary, Azad State of Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad. 6. The Finance Secretary, Government of Gilgit Baltistan, Gilgit.
at.f. sm. (TARIQ HA AD MIRZA) DEPU SE TARY (PC