Terms and conditions of service of PTCL employees : Telecom Act 1996 (Revised in 2006) :
36. Terms and conditions of service of employees.—
(1) No person transferred to the Company pursuant to sub-section (2) of section 35, hereinafter referred to as “Transferred Employee”, shall be entitled to any compensation as a consequence of transfer to the Company:
Provided that the Federal Government shall guarantee the existing terms and
conditions of service and rights, including pensionary benefits of the Transferred Employees.
(2) Subject to sub-section (3), the terms and conditions of service of any
Transferred Employee shall not be altered adversely by the Company except in accordance with the laws of Pakistan or with the consent of the Transferred Employees and the award of appropriate compensation.
(3) At any time within one year from the effective date of the order vesting
property of the Corporation in the Company, the Federal Government may, with the prior written agreement of a Transferred Employee, require him to be transferred to or revert him back and be employed by the Authority, National Telecommunication Corporation, Trust or the Federal Government on the same terms and conditions to which he was entitled immediately before such transfer.
(4) Subject to proviso to sub-section (1) of section 45 on transfer of a
Transferred Employee under sub-section (3), the Federal Government shall assume responsibility for his pensionary benefits without recourse to the Pension Fund referred to in that section.
(5) Under the order vesting property of the corporation in the Company, the
Federal Government shall require the Company to assume the responsibility of pensionary benefits of the telecommunication employees and the Company shall not alter such pensionary benefits without the consent of the individuals concerned and the award of appropriate compensation.