UNI Global Union letter to CEO & President of PTCL about PTCL Workers Lattest disputes:

Mr. Philip J. Jennings

Member PTCL Board – sawaleh@emirates.net.ae
Member PTCL Board – aehareb@eim.net.ae
Member of PTCL Board – mabhatti@moitt.gov.pk
Member Telecom – membertelecomm@moitt.gov.pk Pakistan
Telecom Employees Union – pteucba@yahoo.com

Nyon, 17 September 2010

Respect and dignity for workers and trade union leaders in PTCL

Dear Mr. Irshad,

I write to you to express our continued support for the workers of the Pakistan Telecom Company Ltd. (PTCL) in Pakistan who are currently being denied their human rights when it comes to the issues of organizing and collective bargaining. According to reports that we have been receiving, the situation has rapidly detoriated into one of outright denial of workers fundamental human rights, and we are seeking an immediate resolution to this situation.
UNI Global Union is the global union federation for service workers. We represent 20 million workers in 900 trade unions across the world.
Our affiliate, the Pakistan Telecommunication Employees Union (CBA), has brought to our attention the plight of workers who have been denied their basic rights for collective bargaining and organizing when the company has actively worked with the police to arrest more than 160 workers including union officials, Rana Hassan, with the goal of intimidating the union and workers from exercising these rights. In addition, the company has fired 103
workers, and stopped paying wages 16,400 workers. These actions directly contravence international law and standards for resolving labor disputes that respects the rights of the employees to reach a fair contract, and in a productive dialogue with the company`s management.
We ask for an immediate cease and desist of these activities of organized harassment and arrests for union officials, a reinstatement of all employees terminated for union activity, and the resumption of wages for all employees. The future and sustainable success of PCTL depends on the positive relationships with all of the social partners.
We look forward to hearing from you soon regarding progress on this issue.

Philip J. Jennings

General Secretary, UNI Global Union.

Letter UNI Global Union to Walid Irshaid PTCL on 17 September 2010

1. MY PTCL AND BROAD BAND IS OUT OF ORDER MY PTCL COMPLAIN 09 AND BROAD BAND COMPL 74 MY MODEM IS OUT OF ORDER PLASE CHANGE MY MODEM MY NUMBER 34960675

2. Muhammmad Shoaib says:

Sir I use DSL internet connection Since five years Sir my DSL connection
    20 days disconnect and line problem in every month, when I went to the
    PTCL office and said them sir please solve my problem they replayed to
    me abusing language and said to me get out from PTCL office. Sir
    municipal service is better then PTCL Service the municipal officer listen
    our problem then they tried to solve the problem. So please sir kindly solve
    my problem or bad service of PTCL deduct my connection, I hope you will
    take action necessary My No Is 0243-714058
    I shall ever remain thankful to you

FROM: – MUHAMMAD SHOAIB ABBASI
    Address Nizamani Muhallah Opposite Civil Hospital Khairpur Mir’s
    Contact # 0334-2013686

3. ABDUL WAQAR says:

SIR,

With due respect it is stated that my ptcl no is 0515522988 and my dsl modem is not working properly and
    the sys, and dsl lights blink together. i have send alot of complains but
    no body will take any actin of this my 1st complaint no was 37 2nd was 48
    and the 3rd was 60. only one time technician will come and said that u have
    a line problem and i will change ur pair. but 20 days have passed nothing
    happend. i humbly request to u plz give a deep look for this and take
    immidate action of this problem also ptcl staff doing misbehave and not
    paying attention.

thanks.

best regard.

abdul waqar

4. Umer Farooq says:

Sorry Sir My Number Is 0928630990 not 0928630292

5. Umer Farooq says:

It is my pleasure to infrom you that my DSL is not working since two weeks i have also call to 1236 to DSL complant centre but till they have do noting in my complant i resquest to you sir please solve my problem soon my Phone Number is 0928630990 District Bannu.

6. Umer Farooq says:

Dear Sir,
    It is my pleasure to infrom you that my DSL is not working since two weeks i have also call to 1236 to DSL complant centre but till they have do noting in my complant i resquest to you sir please solve my problem soon my Phone Number is 0928630292.

7. Dear sir,
    It is my pleasure to inform you that after your quick and prompt action on DSL complaint related to my phone no 02136829635.I am cordially grateful on this act of kindness and hope to be kind whenever required.
    Once again thank you very much and My all Good Wish for you and PTCL
    Regards

8. syed sajjad hussain says:

Dear Sir
    I have applied for a new Telephone and DSL after months with great efforts I got a telephone line only without a telephone set or a telephone line connector just a wire only.I bought a phone by myself and after connecting by myself no tone or signal .When I asked the line man he answered that the phone line will be started when you give me Rs.700 installation charges.He had not any receipt.When I called DE about the above matter then my phone line started on 18-10-2011.But no DSL was provided to me .when I asked about the Dsl department they said dsl will be provided within days.After calling so many times I was provided a Box containing DSl router and wires on 19-10-2011 without installation.When I connected the Router by myself ,no DSL signal.I complaint again and again but all useless.I call about the matter to the following numbers
    1236 three times
    1218 three times complaint no.180 and 26923 and 27149
    GM:02134828848
    DSL: 02136326465
    DE: 02136364600
    SDO:02136805055

Still there is no DSL signals and no one contacted me about the matter.Whenever I registered the complaint on 1218,a computer message is delivered to me that “According to our record your complaint is resolved”.I received this message after 6 hours when registered at 1218.
    Kindly solve my matter or if you can not solve my matter then tell me so that i may get alternate service of DSL.

I hope my matter will be solved.
    my telephone no.02136829635
    mobile no:03323474345

9. Dear Sir,
    I am really very pleased to inform you that after telling you the problem my phone smart tv and dsl problems are solved within no time. I am really happy and thankful to you.

regards

10. Dear sir ,
    Respectfully it is inform to you that I am requesting for IPTV and fiber optical since last month but there is no response by them. we have so many request (almost 20 ) for IPTV which can be provided them in just one week but still there is no response by high management since last one month.

Razi Ahmed

CELL NO: 0333-3174150

ADDRESS : F-70 Supperem Avenue Phase II Sector 15-B Buffer Zone North Nazimabad Karachi

CNIC 42101-1710240-1

11. Sir i’m again saying my Internet is no working properly it’s browsing is too slow and i’ve got 1mbps speed

12. How come there is a back-end upgrade going on in Karachi Defense area for past 2 months? How come no at 1218 know when it will complete or what it is? No where in the world a utility company carries out upgrades for months at a time and customers are made to suffer. Where is PTCL management? I am in Karachi Defense phase 5. I worked for IT comapny in the States and never could work on problems where my customers will be affected. We tested our work in labs and when we came to implementit could us only few hours. If we could not implement the change then we would put everything back as it was and went back to the labs to test some more. These guys seem to test in production and continue for hours bringing down crtitical systems. This circus has been going on for 2 months. I think I would fire the whole IT staff starting with the IT VP. No where you could retain your job except with this type of behavior but in Pakistan.

13. Sir !
    My Internet speed is not comming properly :/

14. Dear Sir,

regards
    shahzad

15. Dear sir,
    It is my pleasure to inform you that after your quick and prompt action on my phone 0622886668 and DSL complaint.Responsible persons reached me within no time and have resolved the chronic problem to my satisfaction.
    Once again thank you very much and My all Good Wish for you and PTCL
    Regards
    Tariq Hashmi

16. Dear Sir,

Very bad and sad your services because after installation your staff don’t do co-operate only misguides, i am one of the who is tired after getting your dsl with iptv smart-tv.

installed on 17-sep-2011 and till now 22-sep-2011 dsl converted into 1 mb without any intimation and prior notice and smart tv is not working till now.

very bad!

shahzad
    03146141433

17. Abdul Latif Baloch says:

Dear Sir,
    Respectfully it is inform to you tha how many people our area Asu Goth Malir City waiting IPTV and fiber optical link at Model Colony Exchange your requested that please install IPTV and fiber optical our area Asu Goth Malir City on emergence basis they like enjoy DSL and Smart TV etc.

ABDUL LATIF BALOCH

CELL NO: 0300-9266578

ADDRESS : H.NO:109,KALMATI MANZIL ASU GOTH MALIR CITY KARACHI.NO.23

TELEPHONE NO : 021-34515391

18. G.K.Qureshi says:

Mr Gondal,

As per our telephonic conversation i am sending you this email stating the details that will be provided on the banner in Urdu.

I request the staff of PTCL that i have been their loyal customer and the EVO Nitro 3G Internet Device they sold me has not been working for the past 1.5 month still i am being charged 3000 a month. Total of the device is for 4000 and 3000 for two months is 6000 that makes it 10,000 RS/- without any service from their part. I have complained to One Stop Shop OSS Defence (who laughed at me and said go give the add do what you can) Cantt and Fortress also on 1218 Supervisor Sana made a verbal agreement with me that the issue would be resolved within 24 hours it has been a Week already that is a criminal offence breaking a verbal agreement. What Should I do?

The summary of the above paragraph has been printed on the banner, tomorrow at whatever time is feasible for the photographer i can arrange people to be standing there with the banner so that he can take a picture. I work online and this delay in their service is affecting my work greatly, Mr Gondal I appreciate all the efforts you are putting in and this is the voice of hundreds of people i meet at the OSS shops who are complaining the same and have no one to help them.

“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

No clean water, No Electricity, High prices on all services and products, and now no internet to do my work! The officials of this country are killing us Pakistani’s and everyone is just watching.

Thanks,

19. Travel Offers says:

Man I like your comment and it was so good and I am definetly going to save it. I Have to say the Superb analysis you have done is greatly remarkable.Who goes that extra mile these days? Bravo!!! Just one more suggestion you should install a Translator Application for your Worldwide Audience .

20. sohaib daud says:

well i will simply say ptcl full time sucks. in peshawar if u install ptcl they will screw you. assholes.24/7 u wont have any thing to do just complaining complaining and complaining and u will hear the answer wait for 24 hours ………..

21. Dear sir ,
    Respectfully it is inform to you that I am requesting for IPTV and fiber optical since last 2 year but there is no response by them. When I visited at our telephone exchange (korangi college road ) so , incharge of exchange said to me that i have been sent report for fiber optical to high management in which we deliver the map of area and informed that after the fiber optical reached there we have so many request (almost 120 ) for IPTV which can be provided them in just one month but still there is no response by high management since last 2 year.
    After this scenario how the possible that customer will be provided convenience by PTCL therefore just we want to connect with fiber optical even it is just (500meter) away from our area.

MUHAMMAD FAHEEM